Posted May 25th, 2012
Don’t get caught with your FBML App disappearing from Facebook’s Fanpages.
If you see this image then you have an old FBML fanpage.
Per Facebook’s roadmap developer information the FBML App will be discontinued on June 6th.
One of the other changes is that your IFrame pages have to be on a secure server, which for our clients we have that setup, so you do not have to purchase an SSL certificate, unless you choose to do so.
As we know Facebook loves to change things and with the new timeline, there have been many changes.
With the new timeline the cover images, portfolio images and tab or app images come more into play in guiding those visiting your fanpage.
New Cover images come with new rules and may not contain:
- Contact information, such as web address, email, phone number or other information intended for your Page’s about section.
- Price or purchase information, such as “50% off” or “Special on our website”
- References such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Click Below” “Share with friends”
- Covers must not be false, deceptive or misleading.
- This space is not meant for promotions, coupons, or advertisements.
- Your cover photo should not be primarily text-based or infringe on anyone else’s copyright
Luckily, we do have ways we design the cover image to gently guide people to Like your page, plus at this time, the tab aka app image plus your portfolio image can be designed to help draw your potential customer to where you want them guided to.
If you need assistance with this, or to create a Facebook fanpage custom design, please contact us at 480.804.1048 for your free 1/2 hour consultation. Looking forward to connecting with you.
Online Business Consultant
Energy of Light Business Services
p.s. Hope this information helps you on your new timeline and FBML changes.